413-549-5799 - 110 Pulpit Hill Road, Amherst, MA 01002 info@facdarchitects.com

AJ Hastings

Established in 1914 and located across from the Amherst, Common, A.J. Hastings has been a fixture in the Amherst community as long as most folks can remember. Kraus Fitch Architects helped the new owners of Hastings update the store’s entrance and signs, uncovering and making the most of long-hidden architectural details on the historic façade. The owners chose to eliminate an unused entrance, modernize the glazing, and touch up the details with a sophisticated paint scheme.